@uspic¡ous Fish¿!
Delirious With Weird

 
Thursday, December 04, 2003  
It was... weird.

Did you enjoy it?

Some of it...

Such as?

The mad bits. The bits when things were on fire. The bits when I felt like I was about to die. Of course, those bits were only really good in retrospect.

The course?

Yeah, some of it...

That’s almost invariably the type of response you get if you should deign to ask me about my experiences at university. Where did you go? What did you do? Why did you go there? Did you like it? Did you make many good friends? Northampton. Popular Culture & Philosophy. Because I thought it was near Southampton and I could do Popular Culture & Philosophy. Some of it. Three.

If you know me well then you know I found the university experience… traumatic… You’ll know my oft-repeated claim to have “essentially functioned as an alcoholic” for a year. You’ll know I treated a lot of people like shit. That I thought I was going to die on numerous occasions. That I thought I was going to kill on various others. That James & Olly [who are both linked on the left there] were equally traumatised, in different ways. That Olly and I hated each other for a time. That James is on the other side of the world (I’m still reading, James, and it’s still wonderful). That I’m really shit at keeping in touch. And that I’m not sure why that is. That I never feel guilty and that I never miss anyone.

I’ve been meaning to write about my life between September 1998 and July 2001 since… July 2001. Earlier, even. I think writing about it will help me get a grip on what actually happened and what it means to me, who I am, why I am, etcetera. Plus, quite simply, some of it makes for a good story. So, over the course of the next… however long… I intend to try and make sense of it by recounting it on here. Of course, whether I get around to doing so is another matter entirely…

12/04/2003 07:20:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



¿L¡nks¡

Stylus Grooves Measure ILX SFJ James in Italy James in Japan Freaky Trigger Marcello Happy and Lost Oli Office Dom Passantino Assistant Colin Cooper Geeta Dave Queen Jess Harvell Gareth Silver Dollar Woebotnik Septum Flux Not Today, Thank You Gutterbreakz De Young Nate Patrin Matos Andy K Haiku War Against Silence I Feel Love Rob K-Punk Nto Vlao Laputa Woebot Tim Finney Ben Robin Carmody TMFTML AK13 B Boy Blues Cha Cha Cha Clem Ian Mathers Meta Critic Blissblog Luka Freelance Mentalists Some Disco DJ Martian Pink Moose Leon Nayfakh Crumbling Loaf Enthusiastic But Mediocre iSpod Auspiciousfish news feed Nickipedia



AusPishFish Arch¡ves
<< current

Nothing Here Is True

Powered by Blogger Site Meter


Nick Southall is Contributing Editor at Stylus Magazine and occasionally writes for various other places on and offline. You can contact him by emailing auspiciousfishNO@SPAMgmail.com


All material © Nick Southall, 2003/2004/2005