@uspic¡ous Fish¿!
Delirious With Weird

 
Thursday, October 30, 2003  
Ian mentions a debate on the Stylus Staff Messageboard about the upcoming end-of-year feature, and all the necessary-but-evil debates about what qualifies, why, when, where, and, most pertinantly, whether the list is supposed to represent your 'favourite' records of the last 12 months, or the 'best'.

I was considering attempting to put together something about my feelings (which err very much on the subjective favourite side of the equation) but I'm not sure that would be helpful. So, in order to further the debate, I've thrown it to I Love Music. I will, however, add a small equation drawn from the initial discussion to this post;

If you're distinguishing between 'favourite' and 'best' then you are effectively saying several things -

1; I have 'poor' taste
2; I also have 'good' judgement
3; The two are not the same thing
4; I know better than myself
5; I do not trust my own reaction to works of art
6; I am prepared to lie about the way I feel in order to appear objective

10/30/2003 08:12:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



¿L¡nks¡

Stylus Grooves Measure ILX SFJ James in Italy James in Japan Freaky Trigger Marcello Happy and Lost Oli Office Dom Passantino Assistant Colin Cooper Geeta Dave Queen Jess Harvell Gareth Silver Dollar Woebotnik Septum Flux Not Today, Thank You Gutterbreakz De Young Nate Patrin Matos Andy K Haiku War Against Silence I Feel Love Rob K-Punk Nto Vlao Laputa Woebot Tim Finney Ben Robin Carmody TMFTML AK13 B Boy Blues Cha Cha Cha Clem Ian Mathers Meta Critic Blissblog Luka Freelance Mentalists Some Disco DJ Martian Pink Moose Leon Nayfakh Crumbling Loaf Enthusiastic But Mediocre iSpod Auspiciousfish news feed Nickipedia



AusPishFish Arch¡ves
<< current

Nothing Here Is True

Powered by Blogger Site Meter


Nick Southall is Contributing Editor at Stylus Magazine and occasionally writes for various other places on and offline. You can contact him by emailing auspiciousfishNO@SPAMgmail.com


All material © Nick Southall, 2003/2004/2005